Grief & Loss Community
Loss of friend

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

Loss of friend

I loss my girl-friend 11 years ago, i will never forget her. We were to marry and the Lord took her from me. The grief i have for losing her is immense. will i ever love again or just let go of this loss and move on? i dont know .thank you.amen
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your love. How sad and very difficult. Although 11 yrs. is a long time, how do you ever get over losing a love. You accept what you can't change and live for the moment.  You can never just let go of the loss, but accept the loss and know that her love for you is eternal and that is something that death can't take away from you....eternal love.

I'm sure that your girl friend would be very upset that you have been suffering so much.  If I were to die, the last thing I would want my boyfriend (fiance, partner, significant other, etc.) to do is suffer over me and I would want him to simply go on with his life and live life to it's fullest, because we are only a moment in time, so always keep her, where no one can seperate you....in your heart and go out there and "live"....it's time.

You have so much life ahead and it is ok to meet other people....it's been 11 yrs. and time to move forward with your life.

My mother died in my arms in July 07 and I can only say, that Death has changed me and my family forever. We will never be the same and it's been a very difficult journey, but I am slowly....very slowly, step, by step, moving forward with my life....I don't have a choice and I know my mother would not want my family suffering the way we have.

Your girlfriend is in a place where we can only imagine.

So, go out there, make your girlfriend proud, always keep her in your heart, thoughts and prayers and simply "live".....live your life to the fullest....it's ok, by now.

(p.s. believe, have faith and trust in God....He will be your strenght to move forward). Judy