Grief & Loss Community
i dont know how

This patient support community is for discussions relating to overcominggrief and loss.

i dont know how

my mom is dieing from cancer and i just found out 4 days after i turned 18. Its not looking good for her and I just don't know how im going to live without her, my real dad abandoned me, my step dad died when i was 12 also from cancer  and i just don't know if i can live without my mom she is all i have left i just feel like god hates me and i just don't know what to do she is the only 1 who really loves me in my life without her im am all alone.
Hi Travis.  I am so sorry for all you're enduring, it's all so sad.  I lost both my parents in a car accident when I was 25, which left me with nobody.  I too, felt so alone and cheated by God, and was very angry.  But your life will go on, and it must. You know the thing your mother wants most for you is for you to live a happy life, and thru you....she will live on.  Live a honorable life, one to make her proud and shows the world what a wonderful mother she was to have raised such a terrific son!  It will be a great tribute to her!  You're fortunate in that you get to say everything you ever wanted to her, and this time is very precious for both of you.  It will be very difficult for you, but you must carry on.  Friends will become like family, and you'll marry and have your own family one day. Know you're not alone, we're your friends and you can always talk to us.  I know it's difficult to make sense out of all of this, so many questions.....especially why?  Hopefully, one day we will know the answers, but for now we just have to accept that there is a bigger plan.  I'm sorry your dad abandoned you, but it is obviously his loss!  It would benefit you to get into therapy about all of this, you've been thru a lot.  Often there are things that are too much for us to handle on our own, and that's okay. Take advantage of this time with your mom.  Know she will no longer be suffering, and pain free.  Stay strong, time helps, I don't know how just that it does.  Talk to any of us anytime, we're here for you.  I will pray for your mom and you, and big hugs to you Travis.  God bless and take care.
mammo
Hi Honey, I think Mammo said it all. Look to God he doesnt hate you he loves you even if it doesnt feel like it right now he does we will be here for you.

Hugs
Lisa