Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Bleeding 2 1/2 months after hysterectomy

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

I am 30 years old.   I had a baby 4 months ago as of April 26th and a hysterectomy 2 months ago as of April 21st.   Yesterday out of the blue when I woke up I started bleeding.   It was bright red and somewhat watery.   It lasted only through that day.   I am not sure why.   I started running on Sunday and wasn't sure if that was why.   I did get the clean bill of health after 6 weeks from my dr.   Just wondering what could have caused it and is it normal 2 1/2 months after to still have bleeding here and there?

Did you have your cervix removed at the time of your hysterectomy.  If not, it may be remnant endometrial tissue at the upper portion of the cervix/lower uterine segment.  If the cervix was removed it is bleeing from the vaginal cuff.  Either way, you should see your surgeon to be examined.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
My cervix was not removed.   Should I wait to see if it happens again or call my dr to get in for an office visit?    
A related discussion, 3mths post hysterectomy was started.