Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Brown discharge, cramps -- What could it be?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Brown discharge, cramps -- What could it be?

Hi there, I can't find a gynecologist in my area who is taking new patients so this is my last resort.

I have been on progestrin birth control pills for many years. I get periods about 3 times a year and have never had any spotting in between. I take my pills regularly.

About a month ago, I started having light, tan-colored discharge after my period ended. There was no discharge in between when my period ended and brown discharge began. The discharge also came with a slight cramping sensation.

I went to Planned Parenthood. They examined me and looked at the discharge and said it was the progestrin pills causing the symptoms. The discharge ended after about 4 days, and I thought everything was back to normal.

Two weeks go by and then -- and I should mention a few days after my new guy performed oral sex on me for the first time -- the same light flow of tan discharge returns, this time accompanied by a pressure like something is being scrapped across my pelvis (not the normal cramping sensation I'm used to).

The brown discharge has gone on for about 4 days, and it has not turned into a "period" per say.

What's going on with my body? Is my cycle just being odd after 6+ years on progestrin pills? Or could I have some sort of infection?

Also, what should I do if I can't find a gynecologist in my area who will see me?

Thank you so much for your help!!! I really appreciate your time.

PS - No possible way I could be pregnant, just to mention