Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
HELP! PLEASE! Painful lump and smell!

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

HELP! PLEASE! Painful lump and smell!
In the past month or two my vagina has a smelly stout smell on and off. Four days ago two lumps have appeared next to my vaginal hole. They aren't big or noticeable, but I know it's there because they are really painful. When I pee it just burns all over. Is this an STD? I got tested in December, and I've kept the same partner since then. I'm sure that he's been faithful. What is going on?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would be concerned about the possibility of herpes type one or two.  Your symptoms sound consistent.  This viral infection can lie dormant for weeks months or even years in between out breaks.  It is sexually transmitted, and can be passed to a partner.  I would do cultures and/or blood testing for antibodies if you were my patient.
Good luck!
Dr B