Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Small hard lump on labia minora

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Small hard lump on labia minora

about 6 months ago i had a small hard like lump on my labia minora.  it went away in about 2-3 weeks.  now a couple of days ago i noticed another small hard lump on my labia minora (in the inside near my vaginal opening but still on the bottom of the labia minora).  it does not hurt or itch.  the only reason i noticed it was because i was showering.  it seems to be just under the skin.  i do not notice a 'head' on it and it does not seem like it is a pimple. it is the same color as the rest of my labia.  any idea on what this could be?  
Hi!
You probably have a plugged duct on one of the oil or sweat glands. If so, then this will go away on its own and it is probably better if you don't pick at it!
Alternatively it is a sebaceous cyst, in which case it will just stay there and usually cause no problems.
If it swells, bleeds or becomes painful, or if it continues to get bigger, get it checked by your doctor!

Good Luck!

Dr B
1 Comment
A related discussion, Sweat gland in labia minora was started.