Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Vaginal bulge
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal bulge

My symptoms started immediately after straining with constipation about four weeks ago.  I felt a bulge in my vagina, just above the opening which didn’t go away.  Other symptoms followed: an increased clear discharge and a constant feeling of pressure in my rectum.

The bulge in my vagina was most noticeable when my bowel was full and especially when I had just evacuated my bowels and I felt the need to put supporting pressure on my perennium/vagina when I did so.  I have no pain.  Just an uncomfortable feeling.

My GP thought I had a stage 1 prolapse and referred me to a consultant.  The consultant examined me but could find nothing wrong.

Now, four weeks later, The bulge is hardly noticeable, except when I have just evacuated my bowels, but the feeling of pressure in my rectum still persists and is uncomfortable.

I am waiting for further tests for a possible cyst or fibroids.  But although I am no doctor, I feel this is a problem with the wall of my vagina/rectum, especially as it happened so suddenly after straining.  

I would be grateful for any comments.