Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Vaginal bulge
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vaginal bulge

My symptoms started immediately after straining with constipation about four weeks ago.  I felt a bulge in my vagina, just above the opening which didn’t go away.  Other symptoms followed: an increased clear discharge and a constant feeling of pressure in my rectum.

The bulge in my vagina was most noticeable when my bowel was full and especially when I had just evacuated my bowels and I felt the need to put supporting pressure on my perennium/vagina when I did so.  I have no pain.  Just an uncomfortable feeling.

My GP thought I had a stage 1 prolapse and referred me to a consultant.  The consultant examined me but could find nothing wrong.

Now, four weeks later, The bulge is hardly noticeable, except when I have just evacuated my bowels, but the feeling of pressure in my rectum still persists and is uncomfortable.

I am waiting for further tests for a possible cyst or fibroids.  But although I am no doctor, I feel this is a problem with the wall of my vagina/rectum, especially as it happened so suddenly after straining.  

I would be grateful for any comments.