Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
Vulva problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Vulva problems

After a lot of intercouse between me and my significant other my vulva gets so irritated that I can't wear underwear. My gynecologist  stated that my vulva may be abnormally large and there is a surgery to reduce the size to normal. Is this surgery safe and if I have it how long before I can have intercourse again?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you to get a second opinion on that one! Vulvar irritation is much more likely to be caused by something like a yeast infection.  No one's vulva is "too large".  Yours is the right size for your body.  IF you do want to pursue the surgery make sure that the doctor explains it better to you, because he/she has told you something that doesn't make sense.  I really hope that you will see another doctor for another opinion before you consider surgery.
Good luck!
Dr B