Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
acidic discharge

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

acidic discharge
41, no pregnancies
CIN III - had leep and cold knife cone in 2009

switched BC pills 3 months ago, OW-OGESTREL to NECON 1/35 because of dry blood and break through bleeding.
since then, i feel like something has changed. breakthrough bleeding has ceased but i have the most unusual discharge with sex only that is highly acidic, dingy-whitish in color and thick, not watery. sometimes when i urinate, i get a burning sensation around my vagina. i was diagnosed with BV a month ago and was treated.

went back to DR on 11/26 & got tested for everything. results today: infections came back neg. STS neg.

i still have the issue. is it possible i am allergic to the necon?

i have been take RepHresh because i was thinking my ph was off but DR says no. was convinced it was an overgrowth of lactobacillus but DR says i was neg. for that. no UTIs. i take macrobid after sex to help prevent UTI.

what is wrong with me?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would be scratching my head wondering the same thing!  I would probably treat presumptively for yeast with Diflucan and see if that made a difference.  If not, then I would probably have you stop the Necon to see if that made a difference since it seemed to start when you started the new pill.
Not sure I can help a lot either!
Good luck!
Dr B
sorry that was meant to say STDs are negative.

i meant to add that i do have a new sex partner. not sure if that makes a difference.
sorry to keep adding to the question but i want you to have as much info as possible.

after the cold knife cone i was told i had developed Cervical Stenosis. what was happening was the excretion of old blood during bowel movements. my periods were either very light or non existent, yet i would continue to have old dry blood when straining to urinate or with bowel movements.

this seemed to have gotten better over the next year after the CKC.

i mentioned this because i read that pus can accumulate in the uterus due tot his condition and i wonder if that is what i am seeing?

like i mentioned it only happens with intercourse. i do have occasional lower abdomen pain after sex but i suspected it was due to my partner's size/hitting my cervix during sex.

thank you in advance for your advice!