Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
help

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

help
I am very worried u went to the doctor and she told me I had a yeast infection and bv she gave me terconazole cream and metronidazole pills. I dont understand how this could happen??!! But I have been doing some reading and found out that antibiotics can make the yeast worse. She I go out and an over the counter medication to help out the yeast infection
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the metronidazole is a medication that treats bacterial vaginosis.  I would advise you to finish this prescription first and then take the terconazole afterwards.  Antibiotics CAN make yeast worse.  Antibiotics are necessary, though to clear up BV.
Taking your antifungal AFTER your antibiotic helps to counter act the side effect of the antibiotic.
Good luck!
Dr B