Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
high FSH and LH values

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

high FSH and LH values

my fsh level on second day of perioud is 13.09 and LH level is 10.16 .my doctor says i have bad eggs.it should be 3 and 5.What should i do now.I am 26 years old girl
Hi!
The first thing I would do is to repeat the Lh and Fsh levels with a different cycle.  If you are having periods, there is still a chance for pregnancy.  If the levels are accurate, they suggest premature ovarian failure, which means that there are not very many eggs left in your ovaries.  It also means that you would not respond well to fertility medications, and that you may go into menopause soon.
IF all of this is true, (premature ovarian failure is quite rare) you could still have a child through the use of donor eggs and IVF.
Probably the first thing to do is to consult with a very good fertility specialist!
Good luck!
Dr B
Is there any way to reduce it normally or by medice.I am not married yet.I feel that my life is over.I am getting regular perioud and dont have any problems