menstrual
I am a week late and I have done a pregnancy test and it has come back negative. I have all the symptoms of my period: bloating, mood swings, headaches, and cramping. Now my question is; is this normal? I've never missed my period before and this is starting to scare me.
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it is very common to miss a period, or have a late period every now and then.  If your pregnancy test is negative and you have taken precautions, you are probably OK.  I usually suggest repeating the test weekly until you get your period, or the test is positive.  One thing or another should be true within a few weeks at the most.
Good luck!
Dr B
Now what if I do a pregnancy test for a whole month and it still comes out negative and I dont get my period. Then what?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.