my period
The last time I had my period was the beginning of April. For the past two months I've had my normal period symptoms but no period. I took two pregnancy tests in may in the morning of course and both were negative. Then a week or two ago I took another pregnancy test and the result was another negative. For the past week I've been having a tiny bit of spotting and its dark brown. Any idea what's going on?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it seems like for some reason you have not ovulated for a few months.  The dark discharge you describe is possibly your period beginning, but is almost certainly blood.  I would suggest a five day course of progesterone to start your period.  Even if you were pregnant (and of course we would repeat the test) progesterone would be harmless.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.