Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
odors,,

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

odors,,

My question is... i have had sexual intercourse for the last 6 and half years with the same person.. i get pap tests and all that stuff every year... The last few months everytime me and my boyfreiend have a sex.. it has a smell to it, thats never happened before... its not so much fishy but i guess it pretty much it is.. i cant really put the smell to anything else but its  just discusting. I just had a pap test done a week ago and came back with everything okay... I am prone to bladder infections but do not have one now.. I also just had a baby in janurary.. it seems like the smell started off and on through my pregnancy. its just gross and a huge turn off for me and my partner...    What could the smell be and is there anything i could to do to fix it?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you could possibly have bacterial vaginosis.  This is a condition in which the type of bacteria that live in the vagina change from the normal lactobacillus to other types such as Gardnarella.  These types of bacteria can cause an odor, especially after intercourse. I would treat you with a seven day course of antibiotics.  There are different types, and some are oral, some are vaginal.  Speak with your doctor about this!
Good luck!
Dr B
okay thank u, im calling my doctor for an apt now! thanks