Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
pains

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

pains

I'm young and afraid to ask my mom for help, everytime i tell her any problems it results in everyone knowing and bad humiliation, so iv given up. I keep having these really bad cringing pains in my uterus area. Iv had it for awhile and have asked my mom to bring me into the doctor, always sending me home with antibiotics, to my symptoms coming back a week later. Lately iv been having white discharge in my underwear. The pain comes and goes but is getting worse. I was expecting my period to come on the 19th so that morning before school i put in a tampon, i could feel the pain starting (thought it was cramps) went to the bathroom to check and found green discharge on it. Could someone help?
If you were my patient, I would advise you to that the discharge you are having is likely to be due to a yeast infection.  Yeast infections are very common, especially after taking antibiotics.  I would suggest trying one of the over the counter medications such as Vagistat to see if that would help. If not, you will probably need to be seen by  your doctor.  I would be concerned that your pain might represent the beginning of endometriosis.
I would ask a lot of questions about your bowels, to be sure that the pain is in the uterus and not in the bowels.  If so, I would consider laparoscopy to rule in or rule out endometriosis.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Hi, it sounds to me like you may have a yeast infection, especially if antibiotics aren't clearing it up.  You can buy Vagisil or Monistat over the counter and use it as directed. Hope this helps you.