Gynecology / Women's Health Expert Forum
post-menopausal spotting
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding gynecology issues such as: Cervical Disorders, Colposcopy, Cramps, Cystitis, Fallopian Tube Disorders, Menstruation, Ovarian Disorders, PAP Test, Pelvic Exam, PID, PMS, Surgery, Tests, Ultrasound, Uterine Disorders, Vaginal Disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

post-menopausal spotting

I am ten years post-menopausal. A few weeks ago, I noted pinkish spotting on the toilet paper. I am generally careful to watch for such events whether vaginal, rectal or from the urethra.  This happened one time only that I noticed either prior or after, and I believe I would have noticed. I had my regular annual exam coming up so I discussed with my gyn. She has set up an ultrasound for later this month. After my pelvic exam I had a little spotting, but only for a day.The only prior incident like this was a number of years ago and she said it was just the delicate and thin tissue one gets as one ages.  I'm hoping that is the case this time.  I don't know what you can tell me, but I guess I need some reassurance or another opinion though I know possibilities, so guess I have to just wait and see the results of my pap smear and the ultrasound. I did have a polyp in the past and my gyn performed a colposcopy to discover it and removed it. I'm just a little panicked as I know post-menopausal women should not have spotting.