HIV - International Expert Forum
Follow-Up question - HIV Risk

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Follow-Up question - HIV Risk

Hi Doctors,

This question is a follow-up of the previous one that was posted more than one month ago http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs---International/STDs-from-protected-oral-sex/show/1636662#post_7446274

To summarize, I received a protected oral sex and I experienced a clear (un-colored) penis discharges. Get tested and founded NEGATIVE for Chlamydia and Gon. Also was given antibiotics for one week. Discharges still exist but it’s very minor. Doctor tells me to forget it since my tests were negative.

Also I was so worried about HIV so I get tested after 46 days and get NEGATIVE results. Can we consider these results conclusive?

I’m suffering currently from flue but probably it’s related to the cold weather. Shall I start to be worry about that?

Am I over reacting? Considering my low risk exposure?

Thanks,
Thank you for your post.
Receiving oral sex does not pose any real risk of HIV infection.  Therefore no need to worry about that.  Besides you have had a final and fully conclusive HIV test result.  I can assure you that you are HIV negative.
Regarding the symptoms of discharge, these could be consistent with NSU or Non-Specific Urethritis and if symptoms persist, you might need to get tested for this and take a different antibiotic to the one you had before.
Best wishes,
Dr José
To add, my HIV test was COMBO P24 test.

Thanks,
Thank You Doctor. My urine was tested and I have been told by my doctor that I'm clean and no Bacteria were founded in my urine.

Is there any specific test for NSU?