HIV - International Expert Forum
Is it a HIV ARS symptom

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Is it a HIV ARS symptom

Its been 10 Days since i had a low risk exposure and initially i posted my query and got reply(Please refer http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---International/HIV-through-protected-oral-sex/show/1694463#post_7744063) for past 4 days ( after 1 weak post exposure) i started getting throat pain and  throat irritation and for last 2 days i have very mild fever, cold and dry cough. i taking Azithromycin 500 Mg for last three days. yesterday i got Green color mucus. i am sure its a very low risk exposer, but i fear its a ARS of HIV. My question are:

1. Is it a symptom of ARS
2. Is it possible for STD and is it a symptom ?
3. What are all the things i should check to verify if its a ARS
4. Is there any Test i can take now to verify HIV. or what is the test to be taken before the regular window period of 3 Months
5. Please refer my previous post again and confirm is there any possibility of HIV and STD. i asking because i am paranoid

Please help...
Apologies for not having been able to reply sooner.  Here are your answers:

1. Is it a symptom of ARS
NO, IT SEEMS TO BE A SYMPTOM OF AN UPPER RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTION
2. Is it possible for STD and is it a symptom ? NO, IT IS NOT
BY HAVING A HIV TEST AFTER HAVING HAD THE SYMPTOMS, IF NEGATIVE, THAT WOULD EXCLUDE THAT THEY ARE RELATED TO ARS
A PCR RNA TEST AFTER 10 DAYS OR A HIV DUO TEST AFTER 28 DAYS
NO, NO RISK OF HIV OR ANY OTHER STD

Best wishes,
Dr José
I am still waiting for your reply. please response.
There is no response to my question for last 4 days. someone please help, i like to post in the different section is it possible ...
Thank you very much for your reply. I like to confirm that is it all HIV Duo Tests are 4th Generation Tests ? or should i need to ask specifically. please advice. because i am not sure on the availability of the test in India. and secondly one final question:

I have a mild throat irritation for last 10 days (till Date) and some rashes in the body (Even before  the exposure also i use to get rashes) and i am not sure on the reason. Since the rashes and Sore throat is the symptom of ARS i am paranoid, and i am not sure how to differentiate between usual issue with ARS.  please advice.
Hi Dr,
I really appreciate how you respond to the numorous questions here, devoting your time to clarify the issues, really appreciated. I had a sexual encounter 6 weeks ago, I was afraid of my partner's HIV status, so I decided to run a test. I took a duo "combo" test at 28 days post exposure and another test "not sure if the pathology ran a combo test or just an antibody test" at 40 days. Bothe tests are negative. My biggest concern is that, the 40 days test "might not be" the combo so, I could not convince myself to rely on it, am I right?
Secondly, suppose the forty days test was an antibody test, how good do I look like with these two tests "28 days combo/ 40 days AB" ?

Kind regards