HIV - International Expert Forum
Is it meaningful?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Is it meaningful?

Hello doctor,
4 weeks ago,my penis just slipped  into a  woman's vagina one second without any protection,and I took it out immediately.and then during the other time,I had the protection.
I'm afraid of that is the one second safe?
I am worried about it everyday.And I had had the test at 17th day,22nd day and 28th day,they are all negative.The test is Chemiluminescence method,but it only test the antibody,
Could you please analyze why the risk is low,and is the infective dose not enough or the time is not enough to be infected(how much time is enough)?
And can you conclude that I am safe now?And can I not test again?
Thank you for your answer!
Hello

It seems unlikely to me that you would have been exposed to or acquired HIV in this situation.

The very short duration means that exposure time would be limited. With full unprotected vaginal penetrative intercourse the risk you would run would be around 1 in 1000 chance per episode. The chance here is much less due to the brevity.

The fact also is that it is unlikely that she was HIV positive because most people are not HIV positive.

The test you have had is reassuring but you cannot rely on it because it is too early. You should have an HIV DUO test at 28 days or an HIV 3rd generation antibody at 6 weeks. Both will show you conclusively that you are HIV negative from this episode.

kind regards, Sean
Hello doctor.
I have had an HIV 3rd generation antibody at 36 days,it is negative.And my wife want to make love with me now,I can't wait one week anymore.Could I make love with my wife now?Thank you for your reply!
Sorry doctor,
Now I have had the 3rd generation test at 41days,is it conclusive?
Thank you for your reply!