HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HIV, Hep, bite, secretions, PLEASE

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HIV, Hep, bite, secretions, PLEASE

44yo man, met woman in bar.
1.Finger stimulated her deep in vagina 20 mins.copious secretions. Scared from finger soaking in secretions, and HIV get in through cuticle,nail base,skin,unseen cuts. Did not see any cuts but had irritation and swelling from torn hangnail/ cuticle day prior that bled drop of blood, stopped. Dont know if she was menstruating, but often unseen blood in vagina before/after period.
2.She bit my arm. Although I wore Tshirt, bite left abrasion 2 in.long,
Tags: abrasion
You are overreacting.  There is no measurable risk of HIV or any STD from the events you describe.  Although human bites can be pretty risky for certain bacterial infections, a bite through a shirt that did not tear--i.e., without direct contact with the biter's teeth--carries no risk of anything, including hepatitis, HIV, or other STDs.  Fingering and kissing never are risks, regardless of 'unseen' cuts (and regardless of 'seen' cuts!).  Night sweats alone are never a sign of HIV, and it sounds like they came on too soon anyway; ARS symptoms cannot start earlier than 7-10 days after exposure.

I suggest you just disregard this entire event.  It is insignficant in relation to HIV/STD risks.

Good luck-- HHH, MD
Avatar n tn
I am not 100% sure but i doubt that you can get HIV from anything that you described. Relax and try not to worry about it. You did the right thing.