HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HIV risk by a lap dance girl naked (ejaculation)

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Dear doctors:

Last thursday I went to a strip club and I had a private lap dance with a girl. Something like 10 minutes dance. She was naked and I was wearing jeans and my underwear (quite old and very thin fabric with holes in some parts)… It is not the first lap dance I had, but this time it was different as she was kind of persistent in moving her vagina and having lots of friction with my penis area (always my clothes on) in such a way I ejaculated inside my pants. After that, the girl continued until time finished (around 5 minutes after I ejaculated)… Usually I do not worry about a lap dance, but this time I´m a bit worried as I had an ejaculation. I do not know if some vaginal fluids or menstrual blood (if she was on her period) could have gone through my pants and then to my penis (urethra)… I have read lap dances are not a risk for HIV, but this time I had an ejaculation and she was naked. Is there any risk for HIV, considering the ejaculation I had inside my pants and that the girl was naked and friction of her vagina against my penis area (with my clothes on? What if some vaginal fluids or menstrual blood passes my clothes and go through my cum liquid?… I´m having a hard time now as my wife is pregnant and is avoiding sex with me… lap dances of the sort I had are just a relief way but this time I had an ejaculation… Many thanks for your answers doctors
Sexual fluids cannot transmit HIV through clothing.  I'm concerned that you continue to have irrational fears of HIV, and that apparently you did not learn the main message I have tried to give you in two previous questions about low risk events.  Here, once again, is what I wrote before (twice!):

"Here is all you need to do to be certain you will never get HIV:  choose your sex partners carefully, and don't have vaginal or anal sex outside a mutually monogamous relationship; and don't ever share drug injection equipment with other people.  That's all."

Here is the same message in different words:  If your bare penis (no condom) does not enter an infected person's vagina or rectum, and if you don't share needles, YOU ARE NOT AT RISK FOR HIV.  There are no exceptions; if those things don't happen, there is no risk.  Of course ejaculation makes no difference:  material coming OUT of your penis cannot increase the risk of infected secretions getting INTO your penis.

Believe it, accept it, and please stop asking about events that do not have such exposures.

Regards--  HHH, MD
I appreciate your answer Doctor and sorry for my anxiety… I will follow your advice and please apologise me...
No apology necessary, and sorry for the assertive wording.  I'm only trying to give you a realistic perspective so you won't a) worry so much about non-risky events and b) not spend money to post questions with obvious answers that you have heard before.