HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HIV risk

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HIV risk
hello doctor,
i met a prostitute on nov 19 and did some foreplay with her boobs, and dint wear condoms also dint enter her vagina, but jus ejaculated on her body , somewhere in  her lower abdomen. i am sure i dint penetrate her at  anytime.
after 4 days i find some red itchy bumps on my chest , stays for someday and dries giving black mark, again appears in some other place stomach . i ve consulted a dermatologist , she gave me microdox LBZ and am taking for 5 days ,
now i am in third week, i got cold for past 5 days , jus  mild fever on the first day of the cold.my wife too had cold

i am really worried .

did i ve any risk of hiv,
i am really worried about these symptoms.

i ve a beautiful family , \
pls help me
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your question.  You had accurate replies on the HIV community forum, so my replies are brief.

In the United States, under 1% (1 in 100) commercial sex workers has HIV -- and in most areas it's under 1 in 1,000.  But even if she had it, you were not at risk.  HIV cannot be transmitted by the kinds of contact you had with her.  And new HIV infections do not cause itchy red bumps or cold symptoms (sneezing, sniffles, cough, etc).  Neither do other STDs.

If your symptoms continue or you remain concerned, see your doctor.  But do your best to stop worrying about HIV.  There is no chance you were infected from the exposure you have described.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
what if i ve ejaculated near her vagina
That makes no difference.  To catch HIV, your penis has to be INSIDE another person's vagina or rectum.
thank u very much doctor,

i am from india, ur reply really matters me, it makes me feel i am alive.

i am always scared about hiv , even before this incident. i have  hiv phobia.
so ur reply soothes me.

so, these itchy red bumps and the cold , fever, etc , are some other things , right
( i ve read extensively in internet , and got knowledge about ARS)  Improper knowledge about this troubles me , i feel everything i have .all the symptoms i ve.

i am 100% sure I dint penetrate her, also, after ejaculation she wiped that with the bedsheet , ( proof that my penis was outside) i was afraid at that time itself .

so am i safe
doctor , i have small itchy red bumps (rash) for 2 weeks and cold  for 7 days ( nose block ,sneezing) , i met that prostitute 3 weeks back, so i am afraid that this is ARS , i know i am fearing foolishly ,
Sorry, I cannot help your phobia.  All I can tell you is that your symptoms are not suggestive of ARS and cannot possibly be due to HIV from the exposure you have described.

This forum cannot do anything more for you.  By definition, phobias and other anxiety disorders do not respond simply hearing the facts once again.  You probably will need professional mental health care to get beyond this problem.  In any case, I will have no more comments or advice.  This thread will have to end.