HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Received oral sex from possitive women

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Received oral sex from possitive women

Hi Dr,Please listen my story and see my symptoms.Back to feb-may i had sex whith a sex worker who believe HIV+.We had sex about 4-5 times within Feb-may,But i always have protected condom and unprotected oral sex.I remember she had ulser once performing oral sex on me.I never gave her oral sex.
On 1st of october,which mean 5 months from the exposure,i had fever and i took 4 tablets panadol only,the fever end about 5 days,beside the fever no body rash.after recovery few days from the fever i developed a smalll single dot of mark on my foot,i went to see Dr and he told me that was PLANTA WARTS.Untill now the warts still there,beside it i don't have other symptom like fever,body rash,lymp node....it almost two months with the warts without other symptom.I have read that the PLANTAR WARTS causes as below:

A wart develops when a human papillomavirus infects the outermost layer of skin and causes the skin cells to grow rapidly. The virus can then spread from an existing wart to other areas of the body, People with weaked immum system is high risk to get plantar warts such as HIV infected person. My questions :

1.I always a healthy man,now i got plantar warts that mean my immum system is low level,is it possible if i were infected  hiv my immum system going down over the 6 months from the exposure?
2.If the warts was early hiv virus present(ARS) would that come with alone or with other symptoms together.
3.does my symptom related to Hiv??
Thanks Dr.
Welcome to the Forum.  I wonder why you think your partner had HIV, most CSWs do not have HIV. Further, and more importantly, even most unprotected exposures do not lead to transmission of infection and condom use reduces this greatly.  In your case, oral sex is very, very low risk for HIV- the estimated risk of HIV from oral sex with an infected partner is, on average, less than 1 infection in 10,000 exposures and there are no proven cases in which a man has gotten HIV from receiving oral sex- none!

As for your specific questions:

No certainly not.  Plantar warts are quite common.  Only a very, very small proportion of plantar warts are related to HIV.

The appearance of warts are not a sign of ARS. When persons have ARS, they have a flu-like illness with all symptoms occurring at about the same time.

3.does my symptom related to Hiv??
No.

If you are concerned about your exposure, worrying about symptoms is a waste of time. the way to resolve this is top get an HIV test. Based on your exposure, I am confident your test will be negative. EWH
The reason i think she has HIV because my friend was infected with condom broken and we both had sex with the same girl,but not same time.
here how my fever presented:
1.The first day i took 2 tablets panadol and the fever gone much at night...the next day come back again i took 2 tablets panadol again and rest about 3 days the fever not come back again.Would that sound like ARS?
2.You say small proportion of plantar warts are related to HIV,will that come so early?
3.actually what really make me worry is that why my immum system going down...that mean something wroung on my body...i worry it cause by hiv virus...i waiting my test result actually,but i'm a little bit rest since you confident my result base on my exposure...Thanks reply DR EDWARD
I am confident yout test will be negative.  Feel free to post the result.  EWH
sorry DR. bother you again..can you judge my fever sysmptom:
.The first day i took 2 tablets panadol and the fever gone much at night...the next day come back again i took 2 tablets panadol again and rest about 3 days the fever not come back again.Would that sound like ARS?
Thanks so much
The fact that you had a fever for several days does not mean that you were experiencing the ARS.  No change in my assessment or advice.  EWH
sorry DR...i called the lab yesterday(friday) to ask my result,but the lab told me they can't tell me on phone,unless the clinic which tested my blood call them...the lab told me the blood testing done...ask me to collect the result at the clinic monday...I'm thinking that if it were something wrong the lab will tell the clinic to call me urgently right?
No.  You need to relax. this is just a reflection of lab protocol.  EWH
Dr.i will move on ....(I know i ask too much,pls undestand my fear),Just few more questions:
The women performed on me has ulser mouth,i worry that might contain some blood,if there is tiny cut on my penis...Does it matter??
Last answer.  Further anxiety-driven questions will be deleted withiout comment.

No change in my opinion or advice.  

You may post your results when you get them.  EWH
Hi,Dr...my result back ..it was negative...So am i conclusive?
Yes. as expected.  EWH
Thanks so much Dr.you'r the truely expert in the field...THANKS