HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Worry 1
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Worry 1

I just finished a tournament where is aggravated a left lower back injury and strained my groin and left thigh in a particular match. Five days later, I had protected sex with a CSw within 8 hrs, I started felling a sensation in the inside of the tip of my penis when I'm seated. This eased up after some days but then I started having tingly sensations in the front part of m thighs and lower stomach.
I'm soo worried that I may have acquired an STD due all the tingly sensation, my anxiety level is heightened please can u explain. I also noted that I have visible swelling on my lower back.  
300980_tn?1194933000
Welcome back to the Forum. I'm sorry that you are continuing to worry about this exposure.  Your discomfort and swelling are in no way suggestive of any STD (including HIV) and are far more likely to be related to other sources of muscular discomfort (i.e. muscular strain, anxiety, etc.)

Also, as I told you during our last interaction, the exposure you described did not put you at risk for infection.

I hope this further reassurance is helpful.  EWH
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker