HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Worry 1

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Worry 1

I just finished a tournament where is aggravated a left lower back injury and strained my groin and left thigh in a particular match. Five days later, I had protected sex with a CSw within 8 hrs, I started felling a sensation in the inside of the tip of my penis when I'm seated. This eased up after some days but then I started having tingly sensations in the front part of m thighs and lower stomach.
I'm soo worried that I may have acquired an STD due all the tingly sensation, my anxiety level is heightened please can u explain. I also noted that I have visible swelling on my lower back.  
Welcome back to the Forum. I'm sorry that you are continuing to worry about this exposure.  Your discomfort and swelling are in no way suggestive of any STD (including HIV) and are far more likely to be related to other sources of muscular discomfort (i.e. muscular strain, anxiety, etc.)

Also, as I told you during our last interaction, the exposure you described did not put you at risk for infection.

I hope this further reassurance is helpful.  EWH