HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
leg pain in early hiv infection
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

leg pain in early hiv infection

I have been experiencing leg pain in both legs for sometime now...about 2 weeks after unprotected sex.  The pain still exists as of now and has been for about 5 weeks now.  One day i noticed my legs starting to tingle below the knees...this was followed by shooting pains in my ankels and my toes. I some days also have pain in both knees and a feeling of weak legs.  Last week I have noticed shap, shooting, pains in my arms.  I just wanted to know if this sounds like PN  (or anyway related to hiv infection) and does it start so soon after a possible exposure?  I have taken a blood test and will get my results midweek.  I was just anxious and nervous waiting for my results.