False Negative
Has anyone had a false negative test result using the Home Access test or know how reliable it really is?

Also, when do opportunistic infections start occurring after initial infection? Is it common to have immediate problems or more likely to appear in later stages?
A false negative can happen with any test taken to early.  OI doesn't happen until a person infected with HIV has a CD4 count below 200. So yes, that is during advance HIV infection and usually only happens with people not taking HAART or having a resistance problems with the medication that they are on. People with CD4s that low are always put on antibiotics to help prevent OIs. I've been on antibiotics w/HAART for the last three years. Once your CD4s stay above 200 for three consecutive months the antibiotics will be discontinued.
I should have clarified the false negative question. I automatically presumed that one would wait at least until 90 days. Also, I did find some information elsewhere that says this about the Home Access test.

"Clinical studies have shown that the approved HIV test system is able to correctly identify 100% of known positive blood samples, and 99.5% of HIV-1 negative blood samples."

You should be posting in the HIV prevention forum and not here in the living with forum.
Yes 90 days will give you a conclusive result with the Home Access Collection Kit.