HIV, Living With Community
infant risk

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

infant risk

Hi, I'm hiv positive. The other day I meet my nephew, a 3-month old baby boy. And I held him in my arms when I sneezed. I was so concerned that some of my saliva has entered his mouth because he was crying then. I know there's not enough virus in saliva, but considering the baby is not strong enough to defeat external virus attack, I was wondering if there's a chance that my nephew get infected by my saliva. I'm really worried and self-blamed abt that. It's all my fault. Please help
Tags: infants, risk, HIV
HIV is not airborne and saliva is not infectious.
My best friend was the same with my son, my friend is poz and its never worried him until then. He is great now, and I think that in your heart of hearts that its all OK he's lucky to have someone in his life who already cares so much xxx
Old thread person hasn't been back since February.