HIV, Living With Community
pregnant and hiv+

This is a community for those who have HIV/AIDS, and for family and friends impacted by it. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. All questions and comments. posted in the patient to patient forums are provided by individual visitors who are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in any of MedHelp’s communities without first consulting your medical provider. If you have questions regarding your risk for HIV, please visit our HIV Prevention Community.

pregnant and hiv+

hi everyone,ive just found out im pregnant.myself and my partner are thrilled!just wondering if anyone has been through it and could give me some advice or share their experience?im positive and my partners not.
Is HIV medicine bad for the baby? ??
You need to working with your OBGYN and your HIV specialist.
I'm not on medicine yet but they working on that.I'm worried bout the baby...n my effects with the medicine ...
Trust the doctors and listen to their advice.
Ok...thank u. Tomorrow I'm going for more blood tests. But I'm so scared...I need a lot of support ...
Just know that there's meds that you can take so the virus want be spreaded to the baby but its also healthy for you cause it helps fight to lower your viral load.
This is a forum for individuals who are HIV positive or have AIDS to connect and support each other.
I am here to connect and show my support. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I'm HIV positive and my partner is not. What I have posted is an experience I'm going through. It was hard and scary to me, but I have learned to try in cope with it and make sure I have a healthy pregnancy and I continue to live a healthy for my kids sake.
I'm 29 weeks preg n hiv+ my partner is-  I'm glad I'm not alone in this. My specialist change my treatment after we found out I'm preg. Now the virus is undetectable.
I was told I can even have a natural birth
Congrats on the baby. Im + and my son father is not. My son is not as well. My son is now 18months and now i want another baby. Yall will be just find. Good luck.