Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Pop right before a piercing headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Pop right before a piercing headache

HI my Son is now 11 yrs old. When he was 4 he had massive trauma to his head which cracked his skull 3 ways from center outward and damage the grey matter of his brain i was told.  I was also told that he had a twitch, to find out that ment focal ep.  It was very hard at first watching when he would have "episodes" because he knew he was having them yet could not control it.  These days they are far and few, thank God.  But he is now telling me that he hears a click or pop in his head that is followed by a headache, which he describe as if a needle was being pushed into his head. I asked how long does it last and he said he doesn't really know???? that i don't understand. But he talks as if it stops him in his tracks for seconds mins. i don't know because he doesn't know.  I asked him today ow long has this been happening, this is even more scary.......for years!  of course I'm calling the doctor first thing in the morning but his neurologist has a 3 month waiting.  Unreal!!!! but i'm calling anyways.  But i would love to hear some feed back from someone who's heard about this happening to someone else ...especially to one so young.  sincerely needed info from a mom who's scared for her child.

I was in a car accident and get severe headaches now.I would not wait fot his neuro dr. I would take him to er might be something serious.  Dont mean to scare you. Hope I helped.
Yes i decided to take him to er and I was told he looks fine.  They did not even do a scan.  I'm calling the hospitals upper heads to see if I can get these doctors to take it serious.  I feel so helpless.......and scared that something might happen to him the next time this "pop" and "pain happens again.  I just dont know what else to do..