Bump of back of head/skull

Recently I noticed what seems to be a bump on the back of my head. When I press on it, it feels like bone and it does not move. I do not remember ever feeling a bump there until recently. It is about the size of marble half pressing out. The bump is on the back of my head...it is where the top of my head meets the back, to be exact. If I press on it there is no direct pain, it almost feels like it messes with my sinuses (like pressure near my nose). Also after pressing on it now, I feel  a bit of pressure is on my head as well (as if a strap is lightly around my head) and it is a slight bit tender around the area, but that may be normal for pressing anywhere. I have been getting headaches and a pain in my right ear lately, but that is just recently and I noticed the bump about a month ago, so they are likely unrelated.

As far as my history, I have Celiac's Disease and a pacemaker. Due to the heart issues, I have hit my head many times in the last 2 years (over 15). So this bump sort of concerns me...but like I said, no direct pain, just feels hard like bone.

I'm wondering whether I should see my doctor about this or not. Thanks a lot.

Adam
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In some people the occipital bone at the back of the skull has a protuberance. This is a normal finding. The other possibilities are a cyst, a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in a nerve), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a swollen lymph node, an abscess, or folliculitis (hair follicle infection). It can also be an acne. Rarely is it a bony tumor like osteoma. Since the lump is there for sometime you need not worry. You should worry only if the size increases, there is pain, change in color or if the lump bleeds. However, please consult your PCP once to get a diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

hi,
I have a subluxion it c1 and also have this lump, the sinus pressure is as it is on that nerve, and i experience headaches and tintinitus (ringing in ears), and electric/pins and needles pain in hands. Mention this to your doc, and get them to check it out.