Aa
A
A
Close
Calcium Deposits or small calcified meningiomas in brain
I have had migraines since my early teens (I am now 29). About 7 yrs ago I started having different types of headaches (the migraines didn't stop).. these were more like a horrible pressure in my head. At the time I had an CT scan that showed either calcium deposits or 2 small calcified tumors... the neurologist said this wouldn't be causing the pressure in my head and that same week I lost my insurance. Later I had another neurologist look at my films (which I still have) as a favor and he said I should have an MRI every 6 months (Ihaven't had one since because I have no insurance). Soon after this I started having horrible nose bleeds where blood would pour down my face for up to 45mins... the nose bleeds actually made me feel better, these have since stopped but I have other problems now like trouble judging distances... I get dizzy and lightheaded... can't focus... when I get the pressure in my head I get blurred vision (its like looking through fog or smoke) and my eyes look glassy... I have been trying to go to drs and hospitals again and no one seems to take me seriously... they tell me its just a headache or stress... I finally have a ct scan scheduled for a week from now... my question is if all they find this time are the calcium deposits... what if anything can be done? at this point I am actually hoping for a tumor... at least that is something a dr will take seriously and treat...can calcium deposits cause these types of problems? what other diseases could cause these symptoms?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi, my boyfriend is suffering from the same symptoms. I'm just wondering how you are now? Has there been any progress or diagnosis?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources