Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Head Trauma, Now Loss Of Smell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Head Trauma, Now Loss Of Smell

Hello,
Im 14 years old and on August 24, 2011 (4 Months Ago) .. I was at church and when it was over i jumped on my uncles car while it was moving, fell off and hit my head and passed out, My uncle is a cop so he got me back awake, and then took me to the hospital, When i arrived it took my uncle, dad , and 12 nurse's to sedate me. They had me on alot of drugs, and stuff.. I was in ICU for 5 days, i woke up and i asked what had happened because i did not remember the day it happened or the first 5 days in the hospital, i stayed another 5 days and was released. I had a hairline fractured skull, and my brain was bleeding , and had fluid in it.

When i got home almost everything was fine, only thing wrong is i was getting bad, very bad headaches. The doctors prescribed me with Hydrocodone, Which helped ALOT!. I had all my taste's and smell at that time. about a month after i got out of the hospital the headaches went away, but i lost my taste and smell, about a month after that, i got my taste back but i still CANT smell, Its been 2 months without smelling, and im just wondering why? .. If i can taste , i thought i would be able to smell, but i cant.

Ive been out 4 months, and i havent got another cat scan or anything yet, should i follow up with a head trauma MD?

Is This Normal? .. Will i ever get my smell back?

Anything will help!, Thanks!