Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Head pain on right side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Head pain on right side

Two days ago I was laughing very hard and I felt a sudden sharp pain on the right side of my head just above my temple. The sharp pain went away but the pain continued and it hurt to touch the spot that night. The next morning I woke up and the pain was gone for the most part but the right side of my head had a lot of pressure and still does and it is getting worse. This sounds wierd but all  day today whatever side of my head I lie on feels like warm water running to that side of my head. I am starting to get worried, should I be?

Avatar_dr_f_tn

At this point, while waiting for your appointment, you may need to stop the triggers ( like laughing very hard, etc) to avoid additional pain. Over-the-counter pain medications or cold compress may also help provide relief. Take care and do keep us posted.