Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
I hear a constant noise in my head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

I hear a constant noise in my head

I have heard noise in my head for the last 5 or 6 months.  I have headaches.  It is not a ringing in my ear.  It is as if I can hear my head thinking or hear all the stars in the sky only in my head and it is at the top of my head.  It is constant, every moment I am awake.  I don't know if this is related but my head real get hot spells when I feel very hot.  I am 45 and it might be hot flashes.  I had a hystorectomy when I was 29 and the hot flashes stopped a few years ago.  My eyes get blurry and out of focus once in a while I don't know if that is related either.  Once in a while I get dizzy.  I get migraines and the only medicine I take is advil or excedrine migraine.
I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying you are hearing, but have you looked into tinnitus? It can cause all kinds of noises in one or both of your ears, but in your brain as well. Mine is buzzing and swooshing and it sounds like it is in my brain.

Beth.
Another thing to consider is seratonin levels.  Take a look at this article -

http://www.blog4brains.com/2007/02/19/can-you-hear-your-eyeballs-move/

this might be worthy investigating further :)

Avatar_dr_f_tn

How are you? Tinnitus is a ringing, swishing, or other type of noise that seems to originate in the ear or head.It may be a symptom of an underlying condition. There are normal body sounds but we are not usually aware of these  because outside noise masks them. Foreign body, wax, fluid, infection, or disease of the middle ear bones or ear drum can also cause tinnitus. If it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management. Complete physical examinationand some tests may help determine the underlying cause.

Take care and regards.
Unfortunately having it evaluate it further won't cure it. There is nothing or little they can do regarding these noises you hear. They will, however, tell you if you have an underlying illness that could be causing it.
I have to agree with Rowana.  TInnitus sounds like the culprit.  I have tinnitus and it's a B#*(Tch.  I have severe hearing damage from an explosion which is the main reason but I have heard that it is a nuerological issue as well...
I have a problem who start a month ago. i have this sensation of noice on my right side of my brain and sometimes i get verry sleepy. is batter some all day. i doesnt take me away from my activitivities . but i want to find out what is going on.

somebody have the same problem. my doc send me to the ENT DR THIS MONDAY TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON BUT. i dont thing he wil find enthing since my noice is not in my ear.

I can't take anymore sound in my ear head. I think it is a pipe line next to our home. We moved in 5 yrs ago and was never told about it. We have to turn fans on tv just to not hear the sound. It's like someone working on your teeth. And 6-8 mo's ago it started it never stops. My sleep is all messed up if I had to work I couldn't. I never know when I can sleep. I'm 53  and I'm taken naps in the day I want to go to work to help my husband out but I never know if I can get up in the morning. I can't recall when the last time I slept the whole night through. I feel like I'm going crazy I'm so tried all the time. We put our home up for sale but no  one is buying. I just don't know what to do. Can anyone help me. ? Went to a Dr today they tested my ear said I hear sound that most don't hear I heard all. Sending me to another Dr. Will this ever stop I hate this I want to hit someone and yell and say please stop this sound please. Now just to get some sleep I started taking sleeping pills and I still wake but most night I can fall back off to sleep but hate I have t be taking anything. I sit and think what next. I'm so stressed I have been fighting with my husband and I hate to have anything running anymore TV ect... I just want it to all stop. I need peace no sound at all please just for a day.