Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Infection under the skin at the back of the head.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

HI, I'm having a pain in the back of my head. I went to the doctor they said it was a skull infection they also told me there is nothing I could do about it they said that it would go away. So i was wondering if this skull infection was a serious problem
Hi!
Well, if the skull infection was fungal infection such as dandruff then it may not be serious but does definitely need treatment. If it is a bacterial infection then this may spread if left untreated. Hence, you must ask your doctor about the type of infection and seek treatment for the same. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.