Numb feeling in head
I have been experiencing a weird sensation in one side of my head. It feels like cold numbness tingling feeling,, its not everyday i have this its just once in awhile. I also have pressure in my head almost all the time and feel lightheaded. I have seen so many drs and had blood work which is all normal, I had a mri back in 2009 and nothing showed up at that time i had pressure, lightheadedness but not this cold numb tingling feeling. Its very frustrating i feel i cant get answers, and wonder how i can have this for so long and no diagnoses. If anyone has experienced this or has any ideas it would help lots.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Cold and numb feeling can be due to nerve compression or peripheral neuropathy as seen in diabetes, hypothyroidism, Lyme's etc. It can also be due to deep vein thrombosis. Hence even though you had a MRI in 2009, you need nerve conduction, dopplar studies, and maybe a repeat MRI now. Also other conditions like diabetes, hypothyroidism need to be re-tested for. Head-pressure with cold/numbness can also be due to polycystic ovary in females, and due to H pylori infection of the gut. If you use computer a lot or read a lot then the symptoms of headache, dizziness, neck pain, numbness etc could be due to compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, herniated disc, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. A MRI of the cervical spine and nerve conduction studies may be required. Please consult a neurologist. Physiotherapy will help you and hence you should learn neck exercises to relieve neck strain. Get your blood pressure checked. This can also cause headache with dizziness. TMJ is another possibility. If you have been out in sun a lot or drink less of fluids then it can also be due to electrolyte imbalance or dehydration. Benign intracranial hypertension also causes dizziness with headache and a spinal tap is confirmatory. It can be a migraine attack too. It is not possible to give a precise diagnosis. Please discuss these possibilities with your treating doctor. Take care!