Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community
Retrograde amnesia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Head & Traumatic Brain Injuries.

Retrograde amnesia?

Hi, I had a car crash a few years ago, going 45mph skidding off the road and ending up in the ditch on the other side of the road sliding in the ditch. I only remember slidding threw the ditch and knowing I had to cut the car off and get out and, then I only call my boyfriend a firefighter for help and not calling emergency services or close to kin, since I was only a mile away from my house. I didn't have any other memory loss after the wreck just the events during the wreck. I wish to know why I can only remember the sliding threw the ditch and not the sliding off the road and skidding???? Please help me to understand why the memories for such a small crash blackout, or was it just one of those things where the body goes into protective mode for the worst and shuts down???