Aa
A
A
Close
What is causing unconsciousness after craniotomy?
My mother had craniotomy for subdural hematomas 2 weeks ago and was alert and conversant for 4 days after waking up. Then she went to sleep and has not woken up for 6 days now. No fever, stable vitals.  MRI and CT scans show no rebleed and no new stroke. What is wrong?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
351246 tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am sorry to hear about your mother. Post craniotomy your mother could have had a stroke, brain swelling, infection, brain damage etc resulting in loss of consciousness. It is difficult to comment beyond this. A spinal tap may be diagnostic at this stage. Please consult her neurologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Comment
Cancel
351246 tn?1379685732
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
MRI says no new stroke, spinal tap was done and says no infection.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Gud eve dr.My father aged 53 done a craniotomy due to hypertension lastweek but tillnow he is on unconscious  after 6 days doctors told that he had an infection of pneumonia germs,his kidneys also affected urea level is 125.creatine is 2.7 still he is on icu with,  ventilation .trachestomy done on before 4 days.please advice me what to do I beg you to save my father's life.waiting for your kind response thank u .......sharif
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank