recurring lump on my childs head
My 8 year old daughter hit her head on a corner 2 years ago and got a nasty bump right in the center of her forehead with lots of bruising and a cut.. through out the two years the bump about the size of a 50 cent piece will swell and look bruised then go down and come back up.. about 3 weeks ago my daughter complained of a headache in that location and thats when i noticed another little bump beside of it and that area was purple and swelled. Her doctor has no idea how these bumps can come and go and why another one has popped up. they are squishy feeling not hard. someone please help... mac192
Hi there.

From what you have described this could be hematomas or blood collection underneath the skin of the forehead.  However, the more important question is what is causing these hematomas without obvious signs of physical trauma.

Hematomas spontaneously forming may reflect an underlying hematologic or clotting problem and I suggest this angle be pursued and worked up.  You should also check for bruising in other areas of the body such as the torso, arms, and joint areas.

Regards.