Headaches Expert Forum
16 y/o w/ headache, fever, vomiting
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Headaches Forum. This forum is for questions pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, cranial neuralgia, diet and headaches, exertion headaches, facial pain, migraine headaches, occipital headaches, primary headaches, tension headaches and weekend headaches.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

16 y/o w/ headache, fever, vomiting

my daughter got a headache on fri after riding amusement rides last fri. sun she had fever.i gave her tylenol. the next morning (mon) her temp was103 & she still had the headache. she took tylenol & ibu alternating every 4-6 hrs. 4 am tues morning she started vomiting. i took her to er at our local rural hosp. dr gave her a script for zofran 4 mg odt. the symptoms continued even though i still gave her meds routinely. her fever decreased to 101 but headache & vomiting worsened. tues afternoon i drove her to a bigger hosp & she went thru er. they did a CAT scan, which showed nothing & gave her a shot of phenergan 25 mg & script to fill for phenergan 25 mg tabs. the dr at this er said he thought she had a concussion & a viral bug at the same time. i thought maybe she was getting a little better however wed she started vomiting again. the headache has never gone away. i took her back to our little er wed night. she ran blood work, tested her urine, did a strep test. she also pushed a bag of fluids into her for dehydration & gave her demerol for headache (which didn't help). she suggested i take her to a chiropractor. we went to the chiropractor on thurs. he worked on her & wants to see her again next week. i have continued the tylenol & phenergan. only 1/2 tab of the phenergan because it makes her sleepy. her fever has stayed down & the vomiting has decreased but she can't keep much fluid down. she has only eaten a few crackers since sun. today she had more lab tests but everything was in the normal range. the dr could tell from her urine that she had been vomiting & that she needs to drink. she still has the headache as bad as ever. she describes it as hurting behind her eyes, like a pressure and her ears hurt but not like an earache but pressure. she just sleeps & when awake cries from the pain. is there something you know of that maybe the drs are missing? could it be a migraine?