Health Insurance Expert Forum
Ambulance Bill

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Ambulance Bill
I got a bill from people that took me to ambulance, I wasnt feeling well and dont have insurance and they gave me papers to sign in the ambulance stating I will pay for the 'ride' with credit card or whatever.. well what should I do now? Im already in debt?

Did you charge this on your credit card ? If so, pay off what you can each month. One thing you may want to consider is contacting your credit card company and asking them to lower your interest rate. Believe it or not, often they will !
Call them and see if you can pay them $20 a month.  If that fails, get hold of a consumer action attorney, and have them contact the ambulance service, and ask if you can pay them $20 a month.

Businesses, such as ambulance services and hospitals, would rather recieve $20 a month, than have to hire a collection agency to get the money from you, which more times than not, doesn't happen.