Health Insurance Expert Forum
insurance question
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

insurance question

ok about 2 months ago i just apply for medicaid health insurance and i am moving next to Pennsylvania will my insurance still work out there? and isn't medicaid world wide, people keep saying that since i'm moving to Pennsylvania my medicaid wont work out there
2 Comments
Blank
282113_tn?1388163349
Dear xxsoldierzackxx,

When you move from one state to another, while you are enrolled in a Medicaid plan, you will be required to re-apply and re-qualify for the Medicaid program in your new state of resident. That is because Medicaid is a joint Federal-State program. Since eligibility is an entitlement program based on income and asset guidelines and standards differ by state, one’s chances to qualify for Medicaid may vary by state. Even though Federal contribution covers approximately 50% of the costs, States pay the remaining costs and they are given wide discretion about whom to cover and what benefits to provide.

There is a single state agency in charge of the program in each state; you can get more details on eligibility by visiting http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/foradults/healthcaremedicalassistance/index.htm.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
Blank
2099148_tn?1338655466
I recommend you to not waist your money on insurance. I always order online with medicines mexico online pharmacy. I have saved alot of money and know i cant afford my medications more.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979