Health Insurance Expert Forum
insurance question

This forum is for questions and support regarding health insurance issues such as Medicare, Medicaid, Long-term health insurance, COBRA, insurance portability.

insurance question
ok about 2 months ago i just apply for medicaid health insurance and i am moving next to Pennsylvania will my insurance still work out there? and isn't medicaid world wide, people keep saying that since i'm moving to Pennsylvania my medicaid wont work out there
Dear xxsoldierzackxx,

When you move from one state to another, while you are enrolled in a Medicaid plan, you will be required to re-apply and re-qualify for the Medicaid program in your new state of resident. That is because Medicaid is a joint Federal-State program. Since eligibility is an entitlement program based on income and asset guidelines and standards differ by state, one’s chances to qualify for Medicaid may vary by state. Even though Federal contribution covers approximately 50% of the costs, States pay the remaining costs and they are given wide discretion about whom to cover and what benefits to provide.

There is a single state agency in charge of the program in each state; you can get more details on eligibility by visiting http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/foradults/healthcaremedicalassistance/index.htm.

Sincerely,

Amir Mostafaie
I recommend you to not waist your money on insurance. I always order online with medicines mexico online pharmacy. I have saved alot of money and know i cant afford my medications more.