Heart Disease Community
Aching in Left Arm Pit/Left Peck

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Aching in Left Arm Pit/Left Peck

It's been 2-1/2 years since I had a emergency by-pass.  I never was a smoker or much of drinker.  Heart disease runs in my family.  I had stents put in and 14-days later they clogged/clotted.  I amost died.    I've been feeling good until the last couple of months and this really scares me.  I recently went in for a mammogram but haven't got the results back yet.  The doctor said that I sure better check into this aching.  Naturally I can't get in right away to see cardio unless I go to emergency.  It's just a aching on and off almost everyday.  Could this be from stress during these holidays?   Occasionally I have a sharp pain below the left breast area too.  

Concerned and sort of scared!
Whidcat
Tags: left, arm, Pain, cardio
PLEASE go to the emergency room, never take chances especialy when you have had clotting problems in the past, been there done that, had 2 bad strokes, and recently had pulmonary embolism, JUST NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
Avatar n tn
Hi , just wondering are you a doctor?   So you had some of these symptoms and had strokes?
How old are you?  I'm 52 and  a small frame person.  Until too this last year I've started gaining weight.  Never had that problem to deal with.  My body has gone I think completely crazy since the heart surgery back in July,2005!  Another thing is,  I'm no longer taking any kind of HRT.  I was on Prempro for 10-years before the heart-attacks, doctors took me off of it then.   Another question for you - They took me off of Couminin (blood thinner)?   I take nothing like Plavix either.   I go back to the regular doctor next month and will tell them about these problems I'm having and hope they'll get me scheduled back with Cardio again.  They released me after two years!  I just don't like have no follow-up.
No I am not a doctor, just plain ol me.   I have just had a lot of health problems and strokes, so I know some of the symptoms, but not all of them, I am 45.  It really does surprise me tho that if you are having problems with clotting that you are not on some kind antiquag. sorry I do not know how to spell it, also why do you not have a regular cardioloigist?  If you have had heart surgery I myself would want to be seen by one at least for a rutine checkup every 6 mths or 1 yr. Just a sugestion.