Aa
A
A
Close
Angina symptoms or anxiety?
Recently I have felt a sort of heavy 'pressured' feeling in my chest, like somebody is sitting on top of me. This becomes worse when sitting and very annoying when I sleep. This pressure sometimes spreads to my head and neck and it feel like I am about to explode. I have had an EKG and cardiogram about a year ago, and things were fine. This was before the crushing sensations however. I have been in and out of doctor's offices for 'heart' related problems which after testing always turn out to be anxiety. I became about 15kgs overweight this year though because my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Could the weight gain be a contributing factor? Am I having an angina? I am on Inderal 40mg for anxiety. I don 't want to put my family through another emergency room visit that turns out to be anxiety.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
159619 tn?1499916784
What testing has your doctor done for your heart related problems? In most cases pain that lasts over many hours or days is rarely heart related but you should seek medical attention to be safe.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?
Heart Disease Community Resources
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1499916784
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Blank
Netherlands
Blank
5536886 tn?1455830946
Blank
Blank