Aortic Aneurysm?
Hi. I have been experiencing PVC's, a dull pain in my left chest, and random dissociative experiences for about 3 weeks now. This comes after a particularly bad couple months where I would have a tachy heartbeat (130 bpm) for approx. 15 minutes at a time and felt faint. I have had 5 ECG's done, an MRI searching for a pulmonary embolism, 2 chest x-rays, blood test for thyroid problems, and a stress test, and all came back negative. Would any of these tests reveal an aortic aneurysm? They weren't looking for one, and the dull persistent chest pain has been bothering me. I am deploying overseas soon, and while they have blessed me off to go, I have a physically and mentally taxing job over there so it would suck if my heart exploded because my army doctor was behind schedule that day. Thanks.
To clarify, 5 electrocardiograms, no echocardiograms yet. I also forgot to mention a 24-hour event monitor that came back negative.
. If an aortic aneurysm is suspected, your physician may order the following tests:

•Chest x-ray
•Computed tomography (CT) scan
•Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
•Echocardiography (an ultrasound of the heart)
•Abdominal ultrasound (to look for associated abdominal aneurysms)
•Angiography (an x-ray of the blood vessels)
If the chest x-ray and MRI were ordered specifically to rule out a pulmonary embolism, would an aortic aneurysm be spotted? Based on your profile it seems that you have quite a bit of experience with these procedures. In the military a referral is needed from a PA to have these tests done, and they are reticent to refer a single patient for the same procedure twice because it would essentially mean they made a mistake... it took me 2 years to have them acknowledge a hernia for this exact reason.
I had a scan and that included the lungs, heart and aorta and that would be called  thoracic imaging. For a perspective the aorta is first called the thoracic aorta as it leaves the heart, ascends, arches, and descends through the chest until it reaches the diaphragm (the partition between the thorax and abdomen). The aorta is then called the abdominal aorta after it has passed the diaphragm and continues down the abdomen. The abdominal aorta ends where it splits to form the two iliac arteries that go to the legs.

Aortic aneurysms can develop anywhere along the length of the aorta. The majority, however, are located along the abdominal aorta. Most (about 90%) of abdominal aneurysms are located below the level of the renal arteries, the vessels that leave the aorta to go to the kidneys. About two-thirds of abdominal aneurysms are not limited to just the aorta but extend from the aorta into one or both of the iliac arteries.

If the images were limited to the lungs looking for chest pain causing clots, the aorta may not have been included.  You should ask for a copy of the test results.