Heart Disease Community
Can't tolerate statins

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Can't tolerate statins

42 year old man. Suffered a heart attack  1 1/2 ago. Cannot keep cholesterol level down-- have tried every statin drug and am unable to tolerate any. Doctors tell me I have a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol (inherited)-- Diet and exercise are not doing much for me. Help !
I dont know anyone who can take Statins more than a month or so . without having adverse side effects from them ..
yes alot of us unexpecting people have Genetic (inherited) high cholesterol levels and
h.b.p as well.   we didnt ask for it ? but we got it anyways !  
Have you tryed omega 3 fish oil pills yet ?  that is what I use and they do work  well
with no side effects at all.  it takes about 3 to 4 months for them to work in and lower
the bad cholesterol down and good up . it more less levels out the readings .

you can try your local healthfood stores or vitamin shops .. or oceanic.com

it sure beats Statins !!  

good luck boogernose
What type of side effects are you having?  Are you avoiding alcohol when you take the Statins?
My blood tests showed liver problems with Lipitor, but taking Vytorin 10/40 I have perfect blood tests and zero obvious side effects.  My brother had the same results, my sister did fine on Lipitor, absolutely no obvious side effects, and we have all been on statins. We all have genetically  high cholesterols, and I'd urge you to continue to try different statins.  I tried to get my cholesterol down using natural products, including Omega 3 and ended up with eight stents and two heart attacks, so cholesterol control to me is essential.  I still take Omega 3 medication (Lovaza) to help control Triglicerides (triglycerides).   I strongly disagree with the earlier post, millions of people take statins with no obvious side effects.  I would agree that most medications causes changes in our bodies or they wouldn't be a medication.    
I dont agree with the last post at all .
clearly this person has had past heart condtions and problems !  
remember some people can tollerate statins - and others can not !  it depends.
The facts are there in black and white !  the Omega 3 oils work !  simple as that !!!
the heart asso recomends use of it daily.  az heart inst - recomends use of it daily.
check out oceanic.com site for more information if you want .

also Read online about - recalls and removal of statins - that caused harm to people ..
its there..

yeah anyone can dissagree with me , its ok !  

but the facts are there !! clear and simple !!!
also last line posting person wrote -  most medications causes changes in our bodies
is that good or bad changes ?  Im not sure what to think of this line ???

well anyways  good health to all -  and best wishes to the poster above ..
love and peace !!  

Booger the nose !