Heart Disease Community
Chest Pain and other symptoms - Please help!

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

I would appriciate an answer asap, please.

I wanted to ask a doctor, but for some reason I can't... So if anyone is or knows one, please ask.

Since Wednesday night I have been having a strange pain in my the middle of my chest. It comes and goes, sometimes going for hours at a time, and it only lasts a second. It is not a sqeezing, crushing or pressure, it is more like a pin-*****, or a small knife stabbing at my chest.

I took an Omeprazole, as I had been visiting the doctor for chest pain for the past few months. They said it seemed physical, rib pain or something, but could be indigestion so explored both routes.

I was scared It was a heart attack or something but I honestly don't know. It could be anxiety, as I have anxiety disorder, too.

Since Friday I have had a cold too, which seems to be clearing, but I had runny nose, sore throat, heavy cough, some phlegm, but I don't know if they are connected.

Should I be worried about this enough to go to A&E (ER)? I mean, it's not a crippling pain, not even a 5/10, I'd say a 4/10 at the worst, usually 2 or 3, kinda like when you scratch yourself. So I feel stupid rushing around panicing, all though it's getting me more worried.
Sorry to re-post but some more facts -

I had an ECG (EKG? Which is right?) a month ago which was fine.

The Omeprazole did nothing to help.
Well as you live in the UK like myself, you probably have the same bug I had a few weeks ago. Yes it did feel similar to another heart attack and it got me a bit worried. However, I ran up the stairs a couple of times as fast as I could and did a few star jumps and the pain didn't get any worse. It was a bug and it is a bit odd that it seems to hurt right in the middle of the chest. It lasted about a week with me.
Oh just to add, my pharmacist said this bug is certainly doing the rounds and my Doctors surgery has been overrun with people thinking they are having heart attacks.
Thank you for your help.

It did subside, and the flu symptoms have certainly gone away now. I thought the pain in my chest had done too, but today it's come back, more promenant than before. I can't say it's painful, not even as painful as a scratch, it's just worrying and getting shorter apart.

I asked my doc, she checked my heart and said it sounded fine. She said it's unlikely to be a heart problem because it occurs mostly when I'm at rest and doesn't change with exersion, like running up and down the stairs.

It's moved from the center of my chest slightly left, so basically right on my heart. So I'm honestly scared.

Please help...