Chest tightness & elevated Troponin after stent
I had a stent placed 3 weeks ago due to 70 -90% LAD blockage.
The chest tightness is only now starting to ease, Dr. said it's due to inflammation.
Troponin 'I' level was 350 (I think that is 3.5 in USA) post stenting.
Normal range here is 0-14 at the moment it is 16.
The nurse had made a note saying Troponin elevated 350 post stent and 300 prior
which I presume means prior to stenting.
I was told if there was muscle damage it would show up on the Angiogram pre stent?
Appreciate any info on this.
Muscle damage will not show up on an angiogram.
Troponin can be found in a blood test and is an indicator for myocardial injury.
Pre-stenting elevation of troponin levels indicate that your heart was suffering from the blockages/ischemia.
Post-stenting elevation of troponin levels can be a late effect from the pre-stenting situation or it can be an indication that your heart suffered some injury from the PCI procedure.

It is not uncommon that during the PCI procedure, when balloon catheters temporarily block the blood supply through your coronary arteries, (minor) injury to the heart happens.
Thanks Ger57, the nurse may have said muscle damage would have shown up on the EKG.
The Consultant said the Troponin rise was nothing to be concerned about. The Cardio nurse said Troponin 'T' is the important one..
The stress test and EKG were fine but I still get some tightness walking the dog or at night time sometimes just watching TV. I can tell it's where the stent was placed and I was told it's not your heart if you can pinpoint it.
The muscle tension has eased off but I thought after 4 weeks it would be gone.