Heart Disease Community
Crying because it hurts to breathe

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Crying because it hurts to breathe

My chest and ribs are hurting so bad I can't stand to take a breath.  I have a deep terrible cough.  I have had to pulmonary embolisms and blood clots in both lungs, pneumonia, pleurisy and very hoarse.  I have had lots of blood work done and the hemotologist diagnosed me with a blood clotting disorder and will have to be on coumadin for the rest of my life.  I am 43 and in June this year passed out at home briefly and was having severe chest pain.  I went to the hospital and that is when they found the blood clots in both lungs, had a p e , pneumonia, pleurisy and a partially collapsed lung.  The other p e was in August.  Well now I feel like my chest is caving in, my ribs hurt, I am coughing really hard and feel terrible.  I went to the Emergency room last night and the dr said he couldn't find anything.  I have cried and cried for about four days with pain and the frustration.  I get tired of the drs being rude to me and treating me like its all in my mind.  I am desperate.  My chest hurts so bad...and I feel like I'm smothering.  Has anyone had these symptoms and figured out the problem?
I will try to help out but need some additional info, such as what you are on and what they have tried so far.  what things make it worse better.... what foods of any make it worse/better. I will wait for your reply
.
I am on 7.5 Mg   coumadin but INR is still 1.3 the hemotologist said it has to be between 2.3 to 2.8.  I have been taking cheratussin for cough, advair inhaler.  
In June I had a lung tap (don't know medical term) they drained a lot of fluid but couldn't get the thicker layer so the went into my lung and broke it up and placed a chest tube.
I think it feels a little better sitting up and holding a pillow tight against my chest.
Foods don't seem to affect it either way
I feel like pulling my hair out.  I can hear the wheezing myself
I don't know who helped you in ER but you should go back again. This is pretty serious stuff. If you can get in to see your regular doctor, that would be even better since s/he knows your medical history and isn't in a hurry. I've had pleurisy and I have asthma. I know how miserable it is to have pain when you breathe. And it's not a normal situation. Something is going on in there and it needs to be found and fixed.
That's part of the problem. I just had to get a new family dr bc mine moved.  This one don't know much about me yet and what is getting me so upset is that when I go to er they say...you waw just here a week ago or a month ago why are you back...they have been treating me like I just want pain meds...I feel like SCREAMING....I hate being so sick.  I'm scared and just don't know what to do at this point...I have appts next week to see the pulmonologist.  Maybe that will help...I just cry everytime I have to talk to a dr out of frustration and pain....my 18 year old daughter saw them treat me like that and she said...she's upset bc no one will help her and she is hurting bad