Ear lobe creases together with family history
PPL

My father in law died from a cardiac arrest as a result of furred arteries at the age of 65, his brother died at the age of 39 from a heart condition - my husband was already concerned about heart disease in the family and even more so since we read of the ear lobe crease connection.  My husband has prominent creases in both lobes.  He's 40 - what preventative measures can we take?  He's a postman and leads an active life, he's not overweight he's a light drinker and doesn't smoke - we have a healthy diet - so I'm wondering about whether he could be taking vitamin supplements that sort of thing and is there any kind of physical test that can be undertaken to determine any underlying heart problems?

This discussion is related to The latest on earlobe creases?.
First, I don't think that ear creases have anything to do with heart disease at all.  I have never heard of any studies that show such an association or connection. The ear crease question has come up on the Dr mediated boards  here, and they have always pooh pooh the idea. FWIW, I had a heart attack 2.5 years ago and I don't have ear creases.

On the hand, heart disease does run in your husband's family. It sounds like your husband is off to good start.  He doesn't smoke, gets some exercise, eats right, etc.  I think he should get check out by a cardiologist and get a cholesterol check. The Drs can decide if a stress test, ekg, calcium measurement are appropiate. They can also tell if heart condition your father in law brother die from is something to worry about or not.
If you search the forum for "ear crease" you should turn up a number of threads and doctors' comments.  If you need help finding the threads let me know and I'll try and help.